Sunday 3 May 2015

Crazyman 2015



 The Crazyman is a pretty tough race, to put it lightly. This year I was doing it in more or less the same team, Brooklyn Saunders kayaking and Tess Meyer did the run.  I was pretty pumped for the race, as we had set the record last year (with Anna Gibbs running) I was hopeful that we’d be able to do it again this year. And we did.
Brooklyn had a super fast start- managing to be 3rd into the water, overall she managed to shave about 10 minutes off her last years time.  I also managed to take roughly 15-20mins of my time, so we were looking on track for a fast time. Tess then put in a stellar effort; she really gave it her all. So we managed to come in roughly 20mins ahead of last year!!
We wouldn’t have been able to race if it weren’t for all the amazing behind the scenes people that support us! As we were representing WGC, Caro- our sports director- definitely was cheering us on even if she wasn’t there on the day.  We also had our parents to taxi us around all day! Cheers Mum and Dad- I definitely wouldn’t have been able to race without you! The crew down at MUD cycles were also crucial to my racing, with a quick bike check over (or clean) yesterday they ensured that I was all set for race day. A huge thank you to Michael Jacques (the event organiser/ manager) and all the marshals.
Awesome race today – super stoked with our performance today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment